finally awake!
hard to believe but true. I I shed tears of joy yesterday morning. Karsten was at 21.03. not arousable. Also at 22.03. He was confused and his breath values were simply not good enough. The doctors did not continue. Trying the meningitis (Hirnhautentzünd.) Or a GvH in the brain (probably very seltend). The doctors wanted a Einverständniserklährung for a tracheostomy tube because they thought that Karsten would go a very long time and the ventilation tube in the throat could not stay so long in there. etc. Because of the pressure ulcers .. Erklährten me the benefits I felt not necessarily as such. In my opinion they would do a tracheotomy and Karsten would then by a small Hole in the neck to breathe. That would be a shorter route for bacteria into the lungs and also would be the psychological fact not good. Since then, he could not speak.
to which it surprised me that the doctors wanted to do that as soon as it is done rutinemäßig after 3 weeks for the benefit of patients. Karsten was yes for 12 days there.
The situation did not look good. For this, the doctors wanted the signature immediately (because they at 23.03. Already have a date for surgery had) I could not go in there again, signed after lengthy detailed discussions with all sorts of doctors, Karstens father that wiper. For this I was grateful. I was devastated on that day and cried out just before me. I could not sleep all night. It looked hopeless.
But it always have to change as you think. The next morning, after half a night full of terrible dreams, I called out at 4:30 in the F2 (ICU) to. When the nurse told me that he was awake, I could not believe it. She was so nice of him to hold the phone receiver to her ear so I could talk to him. Although he could not answer, so I persuaded him well and bolstered. I was glad. Immediately called the doctors in that they should stop The Op. The doctor was still skeptical and would only see once more. I called my father and told everything. When I was around 10:00 came to Kh, said my father. It is finished, the tube is gone! I could not believe it went straight to the room. This time the room was poorly lit. Not full fluorescent lighting. Karsten was pretty highly placed in bed and had an oxygen mask on the nose. The oxygen roared like a rippling water background. The sight was something peaceful. I was so happy.
The nurse said I should not talk to him first, so he is not upset and talks too much. It takes a long containing the anesthetic from the head to get. I stuck to the statement, but Karsten brubbelte something incessantly. That is probably normal. In the meantime I did something like that he like a glass of apple juice or orange juice would. I was glad. I hope he continues like that would breathe and his vital signs would remain stable. The first day of his new life.
this morning on Fr 24.03. 06 I called again in the station. All clear, he has survived the night well. I continue to pray that everything goes well. He is well addressed and the doctors think that the high doses of steroids contributed to recovery in the brain. Let's gaze on.
Please pray and hope on. I do not give long Karsten does not.
These lines I write with great relief.
In Love Gabi
0 comments:
Post a Comment